March 16, 2008

Technical Analysis - Bulls or Bears ?

Business Line ( from Hindu) is one among the most popular business dailies. It gives excellent business news coverage. Their presentation of stock quotations is the best. I simply love them. On Sat and Sun too they carry excellent ( and useful) reports and analysis. I appreciate all that because they are very good.
But I am worried about their “Technical Analysis” column. Let me quote some portions of this regular column.

xxxday’s trading activity witnessed bull domination. However, the sentiment reading of the tradable counters remains bearish. Bull domination on xxxday is likely to change the sentiment reading in their favour. On the contrary, the current sentiment reading is likely to be strengthened with additional counters.”

The above is the introduction. This is followed by Stock Futures and Cash Segment analysis. Both contains the following :
“ There are no selling opportunities for xxxday’s trading. The best is likely to be buying in ………. This counter is in down trend. Bull move on xxxday is likely to reverse the existing trend in this counter “

The above quotations are constant in the analysis, except for the name of the day, a scrip name, and the word bull or bear.

I am confused and is not digestible to me . It only amuses me. How about you ?

---

No comments: