March 5, 2008

Agricultural loans written off

This year's budget, as all of you know, is a boon to all farmers. Not really; its a boon to all those who took agricultural loans; they don't have to pay them back .
But I am confused. Is this the right thing to do. I think the loans should not be written off.
Oh..Oh.. I can see some people running down to me .. firing me.. Oh..includes experts too... HOLD ON, HOLD On; Sorry da ! What I think is that writingoff loans this way is not the right thing. But, HELP THOSE POOR PEOPLE. Helping should not be by giving away free money.

Now, you can see many running to the banks for agricultural loans ( Because these loans will one day be written off ! ).

Tax payers think : My money is being given away free to some people. Government, by force, grabs my money and gives to somebody (though they are the poor) !
Tax payers think : I'll certainly pay all taxes. But that money must be utilised for the betterment of the society at large. My money, when used for development activities, is best utilised. But I don't like that money to be given away free to someone.
Use my money to build, and only to build. That's for everyone.

WE ALL MUST HELP the poor. No doubts on that.
You experts can think of 100 solutions to manage the situation better, I am sure.
But writing-off is NOT the method.

No comments: