March 14, 2008

Google and Blogger

I wish I could send the following message to the Google Administrators.
You may ask me : Then why don't you ?
My answer is : Will you kindly make an attempt ? If Google doesn't require any feedback from the Googlians, how can I ?

Hai All at Google and Blogger,
I am a Googlian ! Kindly take a few moments to read the following .
If you are reading this, I don’t know how I managed to put across this message to you !!

1.
Google Home Page.
Google is no more “just a search engine”. It provides a lot of extremely useful features to its users ( Googlians, people like me ! ).
The Home Page, even now, compels us to perceive Google as a mere search utility. Most of the utilities are hidden ! Some of the essentials like Orkut and Gmail are given a “microscopic sized link” , but normally don’t catch one’s eyes. Blogs, and ‘More Google products’ are totally hidden ! Users have to search the home page to locate their required utility. I think this should change. The ‘More Google Products’ page contains a lot, but is not attractive, and takes lot of visual searching ( not ordered logically !) to locate the utilities. I suggest, please redesign the Google Home page, and ensure that all the major features are readily available from the Home Page. This doesn’t mean that the Home page is to be made ‘crowded’. There’s lot of space available on Google Home page to incorporate changes and make it more friendly and beautiful.

Another very important feature essentially required is your willingness to accept our (the users) suggestions and comments on Google. Please provide a link, right in the Home Page, for us to send in our comments and suggestions to you ( You may get very valuable suggestions and ideas !).

2.
Blogger
Blogger itself is an excellent and beautiful one. The Blogger Home page is very beautiful and friendly ( Its inherited property ! ). However, it lacks the following.
a. Blogger Home page focus only on two things : Creating a new blog and Sign in to the Blogger account. That’s quite inadequate. Anyone coming to the Blogger Homepage should be able to search a blog, view the blogs, and respond. I think Blogger should be a site not just to create blogs, but should also facilitate viewing all blogs. It may be noted that the blog viewers/audience are many fold larger than the blogers themselves.
Please provide necessary links/ facility to search for blogs / groups from its Home page.

b. There is no way to send you suggestions or comments to the Blogger’s Administrators ( Won’t you like it OR won’t it be useful, to get feedback from the users ? ).
I honestly believe the above changes will increase the utility and beauty of the site.

If you are reading this, I don’t know how I managed to put across this message to you !!

No comments: