March 26, 2008

Computers are Mind Machines.

Mind Machines
My definition for a Computer is : Mind Machine.
Whenever I come across a book on Computers, I look for its definition of a Computer, and any explanation on what a Computer is. Unfortunately, only a few of the books give any definition and explanation. But, none of them defined it as a “Mind machine”. Most of the text books, our dear students refer to , are so bad. They never tell the children what it is . Many of the explanations are wrong !
Usually, basic books on Computers give an explanation on what Computers are, and what they do. But none of them seem to explain well about Computers. They treat the subject casually, as if they are the obvious facts/truths. That’s why I am unhappy about all these experts and authors. I wish to tell you all experts that the common man hasn’t understood Computers yet. They can, if you tell them in simple words, understand Computers better and hence will be able to marry them. Before going any further in raining my mind, let me make a request to everyone of you that, if you come across any interesting and explanation of simple sort on Computers, kindly let me know the references. I am at your finger tips : sciencetoday@gmail.com

I’ve been thinking of writing short notes on Computers in this column. I shall try to do that. To start with, let me first define a Computer.

Computers are mind machines. Need more explanations ? If you would like to read, I’ll write about .

Hardware and Software – Body and Mind.

The soul of the Computer- BIOS.

Conscious and Subconscious – Online and offline

Do Computers sleep ?

Do Computers dream ?

And so on…. I shall attempt to answer them, in the coming days.

No comments: