March 5, 2008

36 years in Trivandrum, and counting

On the evening ( 10 pm) of 2 March, 1972, I've landed in Trivandrum. From Kottayam, by the chuku pukku raile, the Great Venad Express.. To live in... And, now, 36 summers have passed since then. Hey, what was I doing all these YEARs ? I don't have a quick answer. Maybe, I'll think over for a while and answer this question.

I was a boy that time, 21 years! But now, I am a BOY of 57 !!

Being at 57, and 36 years here at Trivandrum, are certainly reasons to be happy. Making a balance sheet of life here sofar is difficult, and meaningless. I don't know what are at the Assets side and what those are at the Liabilities side. In any case, it is a zero balance statement (Is it really, I an not sure ).
Why should I try to make a balance sheet now. No need. I don't have to present a balance sheet to anyone. Its all an open book, in front of the God almighty.
Moreover, if it balances over, in my own consciousness, then, that's the best statement.
How many moments did I live here? If a moment is a second, then 36 x 365 x 24 x 60 x 60 moments. Its not that a large number. Or, is it ??
Anyhow, the count goes on increasing (and counting up or down ? )!

No comments: