August 20, 2008

Caution : Banking traps

An advertisement in the media, by a Bank, reads like this :

" ....   We have the lowest rates - Just 1 Re  per second,  for any personal transaction across the counter".

You may see this in the very near future, may be 2 years from now.

I have bank accounts with two branches of the same public sector Bank, in this City. Yesterday, I've been to my nearest branch of this Bank (with whom I transact for the last four years).  I wanted my pass books to be updated. So, I gave the pass books of both the accounts, and got them updated. They charged me TEN rupees for the updation of the PassBook of the account with the other branch. { Free updataion for this branch account ! }. I paid that money, for which they didn't give me a receipt either (You should pay cash, not a debit to the account !).  

There is a clear message. Slowly, they are introducing charges for everything. Right from opening an account,  any transaction, for closing the account, and even for staying inside their premises too.  The charges will be very high, if you personally go to the bank {who wants you there !?} for a transaction. They say they prefer on-line transactions. But, charges for those too are on the line ! These banks are about to introduce charges for all transactions across the Counter. It'll be based on the time you take with the Bank Clerk.

Introductory offer .... Very low rates .... 1 Re only per second.

The clock starts ticking when you cross their gate in, and stops only when you get out of the gate. Oh..God...  I give my money to them...  and they treat you like a ---------- !

Afterall, this is 'kalikaalam'.

No comments: