July 19, 2008

Thattukada





Thattukada - the poor man's hotel- are plenty in our city. 

Thattukadas are very interesting places. You get good items, and you get a feel of the City. If you think thattukadas are for the poor man, I am sorry, you are wrong. Even the rich comes to thattukada.

There is a very active Thattukada at Althara junction. In fact, its a Milma booth. But now its a busy thattukada. Over 6 persons are employed here. They are busy throughout the day. (Figs 3 and 4).

Last day, when I took a tea here, I clicked my mobile cam . Please see two shots. ( I know these are not really communicative). 

But if thattukadas are not of interest to you, please see this Sweet stall. Sweets are being made right at the road side..  and you know they have a very brisk sale ! (Figs 1 and 2).

This shop (?) is temporary.. Its just part of the festival in our local Mosque in the Y town.

No comments: