July 19, 2008

BSNL Mela



The BSNL Mela ended yesterday. After three days' Grand Mela !

I thought the mela would be the right (easy) place to pay the annual rent for my landline (so that I save some money !). So, I decided to visit the mela (at VJT hall). I reached there at about 5.15 pm, yesterday.

My God.. what a crowd it was ! .. The hall was packed.. people were flowing in more.. 

Most of the crowd wanted new mobile connections (it seems there's less money payable now ) .. as if all mobile world is about to crash.. 

After getting pushed in the hall, I could not locate whom to approach for my payment.  After a few minutes, I met a BSNL employee in the hall (not at the counter, he was wearing a BSNL Id card ). I enquired with him about my requirements. He was kind enough to guide me. But the crowd ! I wanted to get out .

With his permission, I dared to comment about this Mela. I said " This mela displays and proves BSNL's inefficiency".

Not that the mela is organised badly (its very fine indeed!). Why did all this crowd came in ? Just because, such facilities were not given to the clients from its customer relationship ( something BSNl haven't heard of) cell.  All these facilities, (for payment, new applications, etc..) should have been offered to the public.. from many outlets in the city, and throughout 24x7 !  What were these people doing for the last 362 days ? And now coming with a 3 days mela !

Melas are fine. Do more Melas.  Beneficiaries are plenty.

The BSNL employee, to whom I have talked, however did not agree with me in full. But he told me a story from Mahabharata.

Dharmaputhrar, wanted to see his prajas. So, one day he went out for a stroll. He saw many beggars too in the streets. He gave them ample bhiksha. And at the end of the day, he returned to his palace.  Lord Krishna, who was there, asked him about his trip. "Are you satisfied " he asked Dharmapthrar. "Yes, very much. I could give daanam to many beggars.. and that's a very sacred deed ".  Krishna was surprised. He asked Dharmaputhrar : "Giving out daanam is certainly a holy deed. But, are you not ashamed to have this many beggars in your land ?".

The BSNL man is right. I hope BSNL management understands this, that too when many are competing with them ( even with offers of money for receiving calls !).  I pity myself,  I am a BSNL customer. I am still a slave of BSNL... I am locked on to them, becauseI can't change my phone numbers (for various personal reasons).

 

No comments: