September 1, 2008

Mohanlal with "Hedge and Hegde"

Last day, there was a news that our Superstar Mohanlal is venturing into Investments business. The name of the Company is "Hedge Securities". Among other reputed partners, there's one Mr.Hegde too . Mr.Hegde of Hedge Securities ! The name attracted me, and reminded me of my early career days.
During 1971, when I was working in the TELEX EXCHANGE at Bangalore, I had an interaction with one Mr. Hegde. ('Hegde' is a Kartnataka name ). If I remember right, he was the Telex operator with Mico or Hotel Askok ! ? ?. When I interact with him over the teleprinters, I used to type his name as "Hedge". It was not intentional, but it so happened that my fast typing was always coming as 'Hedge'. He tried to correct me once. However, I continued with 'Hedge'. But, honestly, that was unintentional. Later, he picked up (or did I ?) many fights with me (through the teleprinter). He, then lodged a complaint with my boss. I apologised for my mistake. I believe, my boss realised that it was a mistake on my part, and not intended to hurt him.

Sorry Mr.Hegde, did I hurt you ? I didn't mean to do so. It happened so.. Mr. Hegde, where are you now ?

No comments: