October 26, 2009

Mobile is a mobile, but is not

"Your mobile does everything for you except flushing the toilet." says an 'expert'.
But why ? can it not do that job also. I am sure it could do that well. But, probably Nokia (or someone else like that) does not want that.

It is certainly possible to integrate a "remote unit" for doing certain tasks like switching on/off electronic gadgets, and controllers ( for electrical devices). Why not ? May be these guys didn't think of that need at all.
Why not my 'mobile' be used for controlling my TV, my laptop or my music system ? And a small electrical unit can control my toilet flush. Let my mobile remotely operate the unit.

Today's mobiles are not just mobile phones. Its much more than that. The device is mobile, and so , may be, people like to call it 'mobile'.

Hey... I am in the toilet. Nokia, are you listening ? I need my mobile to flush my toilet ... at the press of a key on my mobile .. !

No comments: