October 12, 2008

Prevention of Cruelty to Animals

Prevention of Cruelty to Animals.

I am quite a common man. I like animals, but don’t love them. I am a non-vegetarian. But I do never kill an animal. I am scared to think of that. When I eat my chicken fry, I never count or think about the chickens. May be that I am cruel, though not killing. May be all non-vegetarians are cruel ! But now I feel sad and bad.

There are many chicken shops in my City. Invariably, all these shops show the chicken in the grilled containers, put packed. Chickens are killed straight in their front.. they see how their fellow lives are being taken away… in a very crude and cruel manner. In some shops, the chickens are hung upside down.. may be even for the whole day… awaiting their turn of death. Why are we so cruel to the chickens ? They are being killed right in front of the buyer. I know, there are laws governing the chicken management .. and prevention of cruelty to animals. Why are these not applicable here ? Why are my fellow men so cruel ? I know, I being a chicken-eater, is the reason for their cruelty. NO.. we must have a different way of doing these things.. immediately.

Another point I have here is about the dirty environment in which the chicken shops operate. Any chicken shop is a dirty and nasty place. It smells horrible.. you can’t stay near there for a minute. These dirty stinky places, however , are not a deterrent to the chicken eaters, it looks.

No comments: